




August 2000-March 2001
I thought it would be nice to start a journal for each of my children. This one is for our little boy Cameron. Cameron Nicholas was born March of 2001. After Alexander was born I struggled to nurse him and it work out. In June of 2000 I had my 1st period and when July 2000 came and I didn't get another I thought I was pregnant, but all the test said I wasn't so I thought It was just my body acting crazy with the nursing and all, but a part of my still thought I was pregnant so I took test weekly just to make sure and they still said no so finally I had accept the fact I wasn't pregnant and I was pretty relieved because Alexander was still so young and we were still living with my mom. Then one day in August right before my 20th Birthday My mom had just left for work and I thought I take the test and to my disbelief it cam out positive. I was in total shock Alexander was only 6 months old and guessing from my last period I was over two months along, but I wasn't sure since I had all of those negative readings I thought maybe I got pregnant later than we thought and I thought it would be best to wait for the ultrasound before telling everyone. We had the ultrasound in October I was 13 weeks along I was only a few days off, but before we had the ultrasound Darin had lost his job so we didn't want to tell everyone while he was out of work so we waited till he got another job and then we wait for the right time I was 17 weeks along before we told anyone everyone was pretty shocked we assured everyone we would be moving into a place of our own as soon as we found one. In December right before Christmas we found out we were having another little boy. We had wanted a little girl, but I was just as happy with a little boy I picked out his name and I could wait to dress both boys alike. From December to March my pregnancy flew by we celebrated Alexander's first birthday and I couldn't wait to met our new little boy. Early in March I had a few false alarm but then in March 29, 2001 I started having some pains in my back, hips, & legs. I was having soem light pains in my belly. I woke my mom up and told her then I called the doctor's office. They told me to go to Labor & Delivery. I slowly got me & Alexander Dressed ( I didn't think this was it) I was talking to someone on the phone I told her how I didn't think this was it, but she convinced me to have it checked out. I got to the hospital about 12pm. They examined me I was 3cm. They monitored my contractions they were 2 minutes apart. Dr. Cohen came in and broke my water at about 2:30pm. That's when the pain got horrible. They gave me some medince for the pain which didn't work I called Darin's work and told them I was in Labor and to get in touch with Darin. After Darin got to the hospital Dr. Cohen examined me again I was 4 1/2 cm he said it was a little early but i could have my epidural. After I got my epidural Around 10pm Dr. Cohen checked me I was 10cm. My Mom & Darin stayed int the room everyone else left and after two contractions Cameorn Nicholas was born at 10:16pm on March 29, 2001. he weight 6 lbs 4.3oz and 19 inches long. I got to watch his birth thought a mirror It was so amazing to watch after he was born they put him on my belly. And then I got to nurse him in th the recovery room. they let me hold him for an hour before the check before the took him to the nusery to weigh him and all. They let Alexander in to met Cameron. when he came in I was holding Cameron and when I touched him to say hello he pulled away it made me sad, but I was very hppy to have such a wonderful family I had aloving husband and father to my two beautiful boys who were only 13 months apart. In the hsopital they listen to my wishes better than with Alexander They didn't give him a bottle or anything but he was very sleepy and they threated to tube feed him if he did eat better, it was proberly due to my epidural but after we leftt he hospital we did great with the nursing we was a great sucesss.

No comments:
Post a Comment