Thursday, November 10, 2011
Issues with Cameron
If you are reading this blog hopfully you know a little bit about Cameron. He has been very delayed since he was a baby, at 3 he was dx with adhd and at 7 was dx was pdd-nos which means he is still developmentally delayed as well as on the autism spectrum. He has been doing well allthough he isn't "normal" for his age. This past 6 months I have had some issues with him taking things that don't belong to him. He is now 10 years old going on 11 in a few months. He is not mental 10, but still it is wrong. It breaks my heart. I've talked it out with him, asked him why he did it. He just says he doesn't know. He knows it's wrong. I have grounded him anywhere from 1-2 weeks from EVERYTHING !!! there is nothing left to do to him to make him feel the hurt. Isabella had a birthday party 2 weeks ago and got some money for it. Monday Emma was having tubes in her ears and I was at the hospital, my mom sent the kids to school. Mid-day I got a call from his teacher she asked if I gave Cameron $20 to buy $.50 ice cream. I told her NO !!! I knew where He got it from. I talked to the dr. last time we talked about counseling, but I truly thought he was understanding I brought up santa he seemed really upset, but as you can see that isn't the case. I asked his teacher about a counselor at school she didn't seem helpful. I have grounded him for a month this time which includes his thanksgiving break and we have found a counselor to bring him to Monday. I hope they can help me deal with his special needs and maybe help understand why he is doing this. I understand we can't always buy him everything he wants, but he doesn't even ask he just takes. I think he does know it wrong cause when he is asks where he got it he says "my friend gave it to me" so he lies about it cover it up on top of things. I'm lost with him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment